Adoption Application Questionnaire
We know this is a lot to read. Thanks for taking the time!
We do not take placement requests for litters that are not born. Once a litter is born and we know all puppies are healthy (about one week old), then we start to fill positions on the litter list. First we will call everyone already on our master reservation list and then we will fill any remaining spots on a first come first served basis.
Teacup 5-10 pounds $3500
Petite--10-20 pounds $3000-$3500
Miniature--20-35 pounds $2500
Medium--35-45 pounds $2000 - $2500
Standard--over 50 pounds $2000 - $2500
Golden Mountain Bernedoodle/Bernedoodles - $3000 - $3500
We are 2 hours from the closest major airport.
Transport to the Boise Idaho Airport is $125 (2 hours from our homes)
Flight nanny service to the west coast is usually $500-$600 in addition to airport delivery.
Flight nanny to the mid-west and East coast is usually $600-$800 in addition to airport delivery.
When we have a cluster of puppies in the same area (usually along the west coast) we can offer ground transportation which is $500 total per puppy.
Ready to Take Home a Puppy?
If you are on this page then you are considering adopting one of our little pups. Good choice!
All of our puppies are raised in our homes with us and we want all of our pups to live in their future homes with their families. Doodles don't make good backyard pets--they love and need to be with their 'people.' Don't submit an application if you plan to have a dog that lives primarily outdoors or in a kennel.
1. Fill out an application (found at the bottom of this page) and pay your $200 "Reservation/Application/Processing Fee through PayPal. Links are at the bottom of every page.
The $200.00 Fee is non-refundable. No exceptions. THIS IS NOT A DEPOSIT. This is a Fee to cover the time that we spend processing paperwork and screening potential families. It covers the time that we spend communicating and working with clients on our waiting list prior to their selection of a puppy. Just like your time is valuable, so is ours. If for some reason a family backs out of an assigned litter, this Fee compensates us when we have to keep a puppy longer in order to find a new owner. If you receive one of our puppies this Fee of $200 will be applied to your final purchase price. The Fee will hold your spot on our "People to contact master list" for up to one year. If after a year you have not selected a puppy or a litter to be placed on your name will fall off of our "People to contact master list". Your Fee will always be honored in the event you come back later looking for a puppy. One year after your Fee has been submitted we will no longer reach out when we have available puppies or to place you on a litter waiting list. If however you find that at some time in the future you are ready for a puppy and would like to be added to one of our list we would love to hear from you. If you reach out to us we will be happy to honor your Fee and add your name to a puppy or to a list. If however you have no intentions of ever getting a puppy from us at this point it is helpful for us to know. We will try to keep good notes of what your intentions are so staying in good communication with us about your intentions is very helpful.
2. Talk to us! Once you have submitted your Fee, we would like to touch base with you if we have not yet done so. If you don't hear from us feel free to call or email! We want the opportunity to talk about your family needs and what you are looking for in a dog. We would like to answer any questions you may have about the adoption process. We will then add you to the official "People to contact master list as well as your choice of a specific litter list. The order of assigning puppies will be done in the order in which the Fee is received.
If you are interested in purchasing a puppy but aren't ready to fill out an application and submit your Fee, please fill out a contact form. You are always welcome to email, text, or call us with questions! Kim 208-421-2858, Fonda 208-731-0053
3. Once you have submitted your Reservation/Application/Processing Fee we will place you on a specific litter and then also on the Master list. We will contact you with available puppies on additional litter list (other than your specific litter list you have already been placed on) after puppies are born if we still have availability. Please read more detail about what to expect with our reservation process here.
* It's important to note here that MVGD always reserves the right to determine where our puppies are placed no matter when your fee is submitted.*
We have a separate ongoing list for both breeders and service dogs (not therapy dogs, service dogs have very specific requirements that require special consideration). We reserve the right to hold a puppy back from any litter who may fill these specific requirements. We will often do genetic DNA testing on some or all of our puppies and if those results come back as an ideal breeding prospect then those puppies will only be available for guardian homes or to specially screened breeders.
4. Matching with your puppy. We don't have puppy visits in our homes except for pick-up day. Please read more about our visitor policy here.
We will post photos and videos on our website along with updates before puppy match day so you can get to know the puppies. We are happy to FaceTime (or Google Duo) so we can look at the puppies together. We try to update photos and videos at least every two weeks but we are not always exactly on schedule. We have a busy family life and our families and care for the puppies take priority so there are times that our updates are late or sometimes we do not get to them. Thanks for understanding!
We will help choose a puppy for you based on what we know about the temperament and coat you need and want. At this point in our program we have screened out parent dogs well enough that our litter temperaments are very similar and predictable. We will occasionally have a puppy that is higher energy or more shy than the others and we will choose the families that will be the best match for those puppies as needed. If you are not assigned a specific puppy at the time you are placed on the litter list, match day will generally take place some time between 5-6 weeks of age. No matter when you are matched with a puppy, we won't send you home together unless we are confident that you will be able to live happily together.
5. The remainder of the purchase price is due before the puppies turn 6 weeks of age. In the case that you place a reservation fee and select a puppy who is 6 weeks of age or older, we require payment in full within 24 hours of when you are matched with your puppy. We will send you an invoice for final payment when the puppies are around 4-5 weeks old.
6. When your puppy is 4-5 weeks old we will also send you some information on Dog food. The food will need to be ordered before your puppy is 6 weeks old. This food will take up to 10 days to get to you after your order has been placed and we want to be sure it arrives in time for you to bring your puppy home. You will need at a least one bag of the PawTree food. If you want to transition to a different food it should be done gradually. To read more about this go here...
7. Puppy pick-up day will be close to 8 weeks. This is when puppies are ready to go home to bond with their new families and begin one-on-one training. We can not hold onto any given puppy past their scheduled pick up date. Please make arrangements to pick up your puppy on pick-up date or wait for a litter that better meets your timing needs. It is very difficult for us to have an individual puppy in our home without his/her littermates. It can also get difficult schedualling pick ups on different days. With a pick up date we set aside this day specifically so that we can still schedule all of our other daily activities without interruption. We do not send puppies home before our scheduled pick up date. We do however, have a local guardian who may be able to board your puppy for an additional $30 a night. This is only an option if you do not require transportation to the Boise Airport. This boarding includes one on one individual attention and training. If your puppy is boarded past the scheduled pick up date, you will officially be the owner of said puppy and you will be responsible for illness or injury treatment as needed. You will be responsible for any additional vet care, worming, or vaccines needed after the pick up date. You will also be required to sign up for the 30 day free trial of insurance through Trupanion. You will need to activate the pet insurance from Trupanion on the scheduled day of pick up.
Please do not ask to schedule a different day for pick up. We generally schedule our pick up times between 8:00 am and 11:00 on pick up day. Our pick-up days are typically mid week Tuesday-Thursday or occasionally on Saturday. In most cases you will know the puppy pick up date and time 6-8 weeks in advance. This will give you plenty of time to make arrangements to get a day off work if necessary. We know this can make it difficult for kids who may be in school or work schedules but knowing pick up time and day 6-8 weeks prior should give you enough time to make arrangements to take kids out of school or get off of work. Thank you for being respectful of our family commitments and our time and thanks for making arrangements to pick up your puppy at the scheduled time.
8. Arrange Transportation If you aren't able to pick-up your puppy in person we can usually fly your puppy to you! If Transportation to the Boise Airport is needed we typically try to schedule that for the day after pick up day. Several members of Kim's family offer flight nanny service and they can fly with puppies in the passenger area of the plane. Cost for a puppy nanny is usually $500-$850 depending on destination. In addition to the flight nanny fee we will charge a $125 fee to have your puppy delivered to the Boise airport if needed. We have sold puppies from New Jersey to Puerto Rico to Seattle and our babies have always done great with traveling! Please keep in mind that there are certain times of the year (Holidays) that will make flying a puppy with a flight nanny unlikely and other pick up arrangements may need to be made or transportation cost may be higher.
9. Keep in Touch We want to see updated photos and hear how your puppy is doing. Email us at email@example.com or text photos to us. We will add you to our MVGD "Family" Facebook page and you can follow us on instagram @Magicvalleygoldendoodles. Tag photos with #MVGD and #magicvalleygoldendoodles so we can see how you are doing!
To summarize: If you know you want a puppy, even if you don't know exactly which one, submit an application with a $200 "Reservation/Application Processing Fee". The first "Reservation/Application Processing Fee" received get first assignment in the litter. If you aren't sure that you want one of our puppies and have questions about planned litters, fill out a contact form (found at the bottom of every page) or send us an email and let us know what you are looking for and keep an eye on our up-coming litters (found at the bottom of our home page.)
While you're waiting--take a few minutes to read some of our favorite training articles.
Also see the links at the top of the home page under the training tab.
Great genetics go a long way toward having a fantastic dog but nothing can make up for a lack of training!
On occasion we will assign specific puppies to people at the time of birth. This will happen when we have a litter of puppies with a variety of colors. If we have a litter of solid and parti puppies you will also be asked to commit to either solid or parti at the time you are placed on the litter list.
Our longest wait time for a puppy is for one that is mini apricot/red. The current wait time to be added to a mini Apricot/Red puppy list is about 1-3 months from the time you place a reservation/application fee. The more flexible with Size and color you are the more quickly we will have an available puppy for you.