Adoption Application Questionnaire
We do not take placement requests for litters that are not born. Once a litter is born and we know all puppies are healthy (about one week old), then we start to fill positions on the litter list. First we will call everyone already on our master reservation list and then we will fill any remaining spots on a first come first served basis.
Ready to Take Home a Puppy?
If you are on this page then you are considering adopting one of our little pups. Good choice!
All of our puppies are raised in our homes with us and we want all of our pups to live in their future homes with their families. Goldendoodles don't make good backyard pets--they love and need to be with their 'people.'
1. Fill out an application (found at the bottom of this page--Fill out the application, not the generic purchase contract).
2. Submit your $200 Reservation fee. You can submit this fee either through the mail (cash or check) or via PayPal (see the button on our application questionnaire page). Applications received without an accompanied reservation fee will be discarded.
The $200.00 reservation fee is non-refundable. THIS IS NOT A DEPOSIT. This is a fee that covers the time that we spend with a client on our reservation list communicating and working with them prior to their selection of a puppy and bringing him or her home. This includes screening the new home, and the many discussions we have with clients to ensure the best fit. Just like your time is valuable so is ours. If for some reason a family decides not to take a puppy home this reservation fee compensates us for our time and efforts. It will also compensate us in the event we now have to find a new owner for the puppy who may have already been reserved. Once your application is approved and you have been placed on this reservation list, this fee is non-refundable, no exceptions. If you receive one of our puppies this reservation fee of $200 will be applied to your final purchase price of $2200 or $2600.
3. Talk to us! Once we have received your application and reservation fee, we will touch base with you if we have not yet done so. We want the opportunity to talk about what you are looking for in a dog and answer any unanswered question you may have as well as get to know you a little. We will then add you to the official Master reservation list. The order of assigning puppies will be done in the order in which the reservation fee is received.
If you are interested in purchasing a puppy but aren't ready to fill out an application and submit your reservation fee, please fill out a contact form. You are always welcome to email or call us with questions!
4. Once you are on the Master Reservation list we will contact you when we have a litter born that fits your needs and wants. You will have the opportunity to take a spot on that litter's reservation list or you can wait for the next litter that matches your needs. We will wait to fill the reservation list for each specific litter until after the puppies are born and we know how many girls/boys/colors etc. are available. It's important to note here that MVGD always reserves the right to determine where our puppies are placed. We have a separate ongoing list for both breeders and therapy dogs (these people have very specific requirements that require special consideration). We reserve the right to hold a puppy back from any litter who may fill these specific requirements. We will often do genetic DNA testing on some or all of our puppies and these results could come back as an Ideal breeding prospect.
If you choose not to take a puppy from that litter you will keep your position or will move up on the reservation list. You will have 48 hours to respond to our attempts to reach you to confirm you want a pup from this litter. After 48 hours we will continue moving down the list and assume you choose to pass on this litter. Once you have committed to a litter your name will be removed from the master reservation list and added to that litters waiting list. Once you have been added to a specific litter waiting list we ask that you fill our our purchase contract and warranty. You can find it twards the bottom of this page just before the application. You will also need to make a vet appointment for your puppy to be seen within 72 hours of picking him/her up.
Once you are matched with a litter we will have you sign up for your training with Baxter and Bella. When you have completed the Intro and Prep units you will receive your $100 credit.
5. We will post photos and videos ahead of time so you can get to know the puppies before match day. We will also help choose a puppy for you based on what we know about the temperament you need. We have raised a lot of puppies and we have a good idea of what coats and temperaments will look like as puppies get older! We don't have litter viewing before go-home day. We need to limit exposure to devastating dog diseases by limiting visits. Also our moms get really nervous when they have 'strangers' in their nest area with young puppies. We will do our matching through phone calls and face time. You can read more about our visitor policy here. Thanks for understanding!
6. The remainder of the purchase price is due at the time the puppies turn 6 weeks of age or when you have been assigned a specific puppy (which ever one comes first). This can sometimes happen after the puppies are six weeks. In the case that you place a reservation fee and select a puppy who is 6 weeks of age or older, we require payment in full within 24 hours of when you are matched with your puppy. If you have ordered food and registered with Baxter and Bella you will owe $2000. If you opt not to order food or enroll in training then your price will be $2200.
7. When your puppy is 5 weeks old we will send you some information on dog food that will need to be ordered by the time your puppy is 6 weeks old. This food will take up to 10 days to get to you after your order has been placed and we want to be sure it arrives in time for you to bring your puppy home. You will need at a least one bag of the PawTree food--if you want to transition to a different food it should be done gradually. To read more about this go here...
8. Puppy pick-up day will be at about 7 1/2-8 weeks of age when puppies are ready to go home to bond with their new families and begin one-on-one training. We can not hold onto any given puppy past 8 weeks of age unless you are headed our way to pick him/her up or unless you have made prior arrangements and additional boarding payment. We have had too many circumstances where someone has said they "Definitely" want that puppy and for one reason or another it falls through at the last minute requiring a purchase price (minus reservation fee) refund. That causes us to turn away families that would otherwise have taken a puppy.
When the puppies reach 8 weeks of age it is in their best interest to go to their forever home as soon as possible. Please make arrangements to pick up your puppy on pick update or wait for a litter that better meets your timing needs. In most cases you will know the puppy pick up date and time 6-8 weeks in advance. This will give you plenty of time to make arrangements to get a day off work if necessary.
9. If you aren't able to pick-up your puppy in person we can usually fly your puppy to you! We have a puppy nanny that can fly with puppies in the passenger area of the plane. Cost for transportation is usually $450-$500 depending on destination. We have sold puppies from New Jersey to Southern California and our babies have always done great with traveling! Puppies have to be at least 8 weeks to fly on an airplane. Please keep in mind that there are certain times of the year (Holidays) that will make flying a puppy with a flight nanny unlikely and other pick up arrangements may need to be made.
10. Keep in touch. We want to see updated photos and hear how your puppy is doing. Email us at email@example.com. We will add you to our MVGD "Family" Facebook page and you can follow us on instagram @Magicvalleygoldendoodles. Tag photos with #MVGD so we can see how you are doing!
To summarize: If you know you want a puppy, even if you don't know exactly which one, submit an application with a $200 reservation fee. The first application fees received get first assignment in the litter. You can mail your check or submit via PayPal. If you aren't sure that you want one of our puppies and have questions about planned litters, fill out a contact form or send us an email and let us know what you are looking for and keep an eye on our up-coming litters page.
While you're waiting--take a few minutes to read some of our favorite training articles.
Also see the links at the top of the home page under the training tab.
Great genetics go a long way toward having a fantastic dog but nothing can make up for a lack of training!