Adoption Application Questionnaire
We know this is a lot to read. Thanks for taking the time!
Once a litter is born and we know all puppies are healthy (about one week old), then we start to fill positions on the litter. First we will call everyone already on our master reservation list and then we will fill any remaining spots on a first come first served basis.
Teacup 5-10 pounds $3500
Petite--10-20 pounds $3000-$3500
Miniature--20-35 pounds $2500-$3000
Medium--35-45 pounds $2500
Standard--over 50 pounds $2500
All sizes Bernedoodles/Golden Mountaindoodle (Bernies Mountain Dog x Golden Retriever x Poodle)- $3000 - $3500
All sizes Cavalier Goldendoodles (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel x golden retriever x poodle) $3000-$3500
We are 2 hours from the closest major airport.
Transport to the Boise Idaho Airport is $125 (2 hours from our homes)
Flight nanny service to the west coast is usually $600-$800.
Flight nanny to the mid-west and East coast is usually $800-$1000.
When we have a cluster of puppies in the same area (usually along the west coast) we can offer ground transportation which is $500-$600 total per puppy.
Ready to Take Home a Puppy?
If you are on this page then you are considering adopting one of our little pups. Good choice!
All of our puppies are raised in our homes with us and we want all of our pups to live in their future homes with their families. Doodles don't make good backyard pets--they love and need to be with their 'people.' Don't submit an application if you plan to have a dog that lives primarily outdoors or in a kennel.
1. Fill out an application (found at the bottom of this page) and pay your $200 "Reservation/Application/Processing Fee through PayPal. Links are at the bottom of every page.
The $200.00 Fee is non-refundable. No exceptions. THIS IS NOT A DEPOSIT. This is a Fee to cover the time that we spend processing paperwork and screening potential families. If you receive one of our puppies this fee of $200 will be applied to your final purchase price. The fee will hold your spot on our reservation list for up to one year. Once we have you on our reservation list we will contact you each time we have a puppy that matches your needs. If after a year you have not selected a puppy or a litter to be placed on, your name will fall off of our contact list and we will wait for you to contact us whenever you are ready for a puppy. Your Fee will always be honored in the event you come back later looking for a puppy. We appreciate you letting us know your plans in a timely manner.
2. Talk to us! Once you have submitted your Fee, we would like to touch base with you!If you don't hear from us feel free to call or email. The more we know about you the better we can help to make sure you get the best possible match for your home.
If you are interested in purchasing a puppy but aren't ready to fill out an application and fee, please fill out a contact form or send us a text or email. We are happy to answer questions. Kim 208-421-2858, Fonda 208-731-0053
3. Once you have submitted your Reservation/Application/Processing Fee we will place you on a specific litter and then also on the general Master list. We will contact you with available puppies on additional litters (other than your specific litter list you have already been placed on) after puppies are born if we feel we have a good option for you. We generally assign puppies to families in the order that the reservation fee is received.
* It's important to note here that MVGD always reserves the right to determine where our puppies are placed no matter when your fee is submitted.*
We have a separate ongoing list for both breeders and service dogs (not therapy dogs, service dogs have very specific requirements that require special consideration). We reserve the right to hold a puppy back from any litter who may fill these specific requirements.
4. Matching with your puppy. We don't have puppy visits in our homes except for pick-up day. Please read more about our visitor policy here.
We will post photos and videos on our website along with updates before puppy match day so you can get to know the puppies. We are happy to FaceTime (or Google Duo) so we can look at the puppies together. We try to update photos and videos at least every two weeks but we are not always exactly on schedule. We have a busy family life and our families and care for the puppies take priority. Thanks for understanding!
We will help choose a puppy for you based on what we know about the temperament and coat you need and want. At this point in our program we have screened out parent dogs well enough that our litter temperaments are very similar and predictable. We will occasionally have a puppy that is higher energy or more shy than the others and we will choose the families that will be the best match for those puppies as needed. If you are not assigned a specific puppy at the time you are placed on the litter list, match day will generally take place some time between 5-6 weeks of age. No matter when you are matched with a puppy, we won't send you home together unless we are confident that you will be able to live happily together.
5. The remainder of the purchase price is due before the puppies turn 6 weeks of age. In the case that you place a reservation fee and select a puppy who is 6 weeks of age or older, we require payment in full within 24 hours of when you are matched with your puppy. We will send you an invoice for final payment when the puppies are 5-6 weeks old.
6. When your puppy is 4-5 weeks old we will also send you some information on Dog food. The food will need to be ordered before your puppy is 6 weeks old. This food will take up to 10 days to get to you after your order has been placed and we want to be sure it arrives in time for you to bring your puppy home. You will need at a least one bag of the PawTree food. If you want to transition to a different food it should be done gradually. To read more about this go here...
7. Puppy pick-up day will be close to 8 weeks. This is when puppies are ready to go home to bond with their new families and begin one-on-one training. Please make arrangements to pick up your puppy on pick-up date or wait for a litter that better meets your timing needs. It is very difficult for us to have an individual puppy in our home without his/her littermates. It can also get difficult scheduling pick-ups on different days.
We do not send puppies home before our scheduled pick up date. We do however, have a local guardian who may be able to board your puppy for an additional $30 a night. This boarding includes one on one individual attention and training. If your puppy is boarded past the scheduled pick up date, you will officially be the owner of said puppy and you will be responsible for illness or injury treatment as needed. You will be responsible for any additional vet care, worming, or vaccines needed after the pick up date. You will also be required to sign up for the 30 day free trial of insurance through Trupanion. You will need to activate the pet insurance from Trupanion on the scheduled day of pick up.
Thank you for being respectful of our family commitments and our time and thanks for making arrangements to pick up your puppy at the scheduled time.
8. Arrange Transportation ASAP
If you aren't able to pick-up your puppy in person we can usually fly your puppy to you! If Transportation to the Boise Airport is needed we typically try to schedule that for the day after pick up day. Several members of Kim's family offer flight nanny service and they can fly with puppies in the passenger area of the plane. Cost for a puppy nanny is usually $600-$850 depending on destination. In addition to the flight nanny fee we will charge a $125 fee to have your puppy delivered to the Boise airport if needed. We have sold puppies from New Jersey to Puerto Rico to Seattle and our babies have always done great with traveling! Please keep in mind that there are certain times of the year (Holidays) that will make flying a puppy with a flight nanny unlikely and other pick up arrangements may need to be made or transportation cost may be higher.
9. Keep in Touch We want to see updated photos and hear how your puppy is doing. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text photos to us. We will add you to our MVGD "Family" Facebook page and you can follow us on instagram @Magicvalleygoldendoodles. Tag photos with #MVGD and #magicvalleygoldendoodles so we can see how you are doing!
To summarize: If you know you want a puppy, even if you don't know exactly which one, submit an application with a $200 "Reservation/Application Processing Fee". The first "Reservation/Application Processing Fee" received get first assignment in the litter. If you aren't sure that you want one of our puppies and have questions about planned litters, fill out a contact form (found at the bottom of every page) or send us an email and let us know what you are looking for and keep an eye on our up-coming litters (found at the bottom of our home page.)
While you're waiting--take a few minutes to read some of our favorite training articles.
Also see the links at the top of the home page under the training tab.
Great genetics go a long way toward having a fantastic dog but nothing can make up for a lack of training!
On occasion we will assign specific puppies to people at the time of birth. This will happen when we have a litter of puppies with a variety of colors. If we have a litter of solid and parti puppies you may be asked to commit to either solid or parti at the time you are placed on the litter list.