If you are on this page then you are considering adopting one of our little pups. Good choice! There are a few things you should know about us. We are a family business. All of our puppies are raised in our homes with us and we want all of our pups to live in their future homes with their families. Goldendoodles don't make good backyard pets--they love and need to be with their 'people.'
1. Fill out an application (found at the bottom of this page).
The $200.00 processing fee is non-refundable. THIS IS NOT A DEPOSIT. This is a fee to cover the time that we spend with a client prior to their selection of a puppy and bringing him or her home. This includes screening the new home, and the many discussions we have with clients to ensure the best fit. Once your application is approved and you have been placed on this reservation list, this fee is non-refundable, no exceptions. If you receive one of our puppies this application fee of $200 will be applied to your final purchase price of $2000.
3. Talk to us! Once we have received your application and application fee, we will touch base with you if we have not yet done so. We want the opportunity to talk about what you are looking for in a dog and answer any unanswered question you may have as well as get to know you a little. We will then add you to the official reservation list. The order of choosing puppies will be done so in the order in which the application fee is received.
If you are interested in purchasing a puppy but aren't ready to fill out an application and submit you application fee, please fill out a contact form. You are always welcome to email or call us with questions. Applications sent in without $200 will be discarded.
4. Once you are on the Master Reservation list we will call you when we have a litter born that fits your needs and wants. You will have the opportunity to take a spot on that litter's reservation list or you can wait for the next litter that matches your needs. We will wait to fill the reservation list for each specific litter until after the puppies are born and we know how many girls/boys/colors etc. are available. It's important to note here that MVGD always reserves the right to determine where our puppies are placed. We have a separate ongoing list for both breeders and therapy dogs (these people have very specific requirements that require special consideration). We reserve the right to hold a puppy back from any litter who may fill these specific requirements. We will often do genetic DNA testing on some or all of our puppies and these results could come back as an Ideal breeding prospect.
If you choose not to take a puppy from that litter you will keep your position or will move up on the Master reservation list. You will have 48 hours to respond to our attempts to reach you to confirm you want a pup from this litter. After 48 hours we will continue moving down the list and assume you choose to pass on this litter. Once you have committed to a litter we will remove your name from the Master reservation list and place it on that specific litter waiting list. If you later choose to not keep a puppy from the litter you have already committed to your name will be placed back on the Master reservation list at the bottom. 5. We will have you come meet/choose your puppy on family match day--usually when the puppies are about 6 weeks old. We will sign and go over our purchase contract with you when you arrive to meet your puppy and the remainder ($1800) of the purchase price of $2000 is due on the day you choose your puppy as well . We will post photos and videos ahead of time so you can get to know the puppies before match day. We will also help you choose a puppy based on what we know about the temperament you want. We have raised a lot of puppies and we have a good idea of what coats and temperaments will look like as puppies get older! We don't have litter viewing before out family match day. Our mom's get really nervous when they have 'strangers' in their nest area with young puppies and we want to limit exposure to devastating dog diseases. Thanks for understanding!
6. Puppy pick up day will be at about 7 1/2-8 weeks of age. Before puppy pick up day you will be asked to place an order for the puppy food we use here so your puppy can continue with familiar food at his new home. We can occasionally hold puppies past eight weeks of age with prior arrangements. Any boarding past 8 weeks will require an additional boarding and training fee of $20 per day. Let us know if you need to arrange for an alternate pick-up day or time and we will do our best to accommodate your schedule. Please do your best to be considerate of our time when choosing which litter you will take a puppy from. If the expected take home date doesn't work well for your schedule you should consider waiting for a litter that has better timing.
7. If you aren't able to pick-up your puppy we can fly your puppy to you! We have a puppy nanny that can fly with puppies in the passenger area of then plane. Cost for transportation is usually about $450 depending on destination. We have sold puppies from New Jersey to Southern California and our babies have always done great with traveling! Puppies have to be at least 8 weeks to fly on an airplane.
8. Keep in touch. We want to see updated photos and hear how your puppy is doing. Email us at email@example.com. We will add you to our MVGD Facebook page and you can follow us on instagram @Magicvalleygoldendoodles. Tag photos with #MVGD so we can see how you are doing!
To summarize: If you know you want a puppy, even if you don't know exactly which one, submit an application with a $200 Consultation fee. The first applications fee received get first pick of the litter. You can mail your check or submit via paypal. If you aren't sure that you want one of our puppies and have questions about planned litters, fill out a contact form or send us an email and let us know what you are looking for and keep an eye on our up-coming litters page.
While you're waiting--take a few minutes to read some of our favorite training articles. Also see the links at the top of the page under the training tab. Great genetics go a long way toward having a fantastic dog but nothing can make up for a lack of training!
Call us for mailing instructions: Fonda Thompson 208-731-0053 Kimberly Hatch 208-421-2858
Application questions are to help us determine which dog will be the best match for your situation. Thanks!