Thank you for your interest in one of our precious English Teddy Bear Goldendoodle puppies! If you have any questions for us, please first read through this whole page. Many, if not all, of your questions will be answered. If you still have questions for us please send us an email -Magicvalleygoldendoodles@gmail.com.
*If we happen to have any available spots open on an already born litter you can see that availability on each litters reservation list one there page under Nursery News on our home page. Families will pick their puppies in order that the deposits are received which is listed on the reservation list.
*We are located in the beautiful Magic Valley of Southern Idaho in Twin Falls. To learn more about our families please see our About Us page. *All puppies have a two year genetic health guarantee and will go home with a care package and will be up to date on shots.
Here are the steps to adoption:
1) Questionnaire/Application: Before you are added to our reservation list we will ask that you to fill out and submit the puppy adoption questionnaire along with the $200 Consultation fee. Once we have received your submitted questionnaire and fee, we will contact you to discuss your application and begin the puppy matching adoption process. Any applications we receive without $200 will be deleted and will need to be filled out again once the fee is received. These applications are a way for us to keep track of those who have placed a consultation fee and have committed to a Magic Goldendoodle. If you still have questions before you are ready to place a deposit please don't hesitate to ask Contact us
2) Payment: If you receive one of our puppies your consultation fee of $200 will be applied to your final purchase price of $2000. The remaining balance on your puppy of $1800 is due when the puppies are 6 weeks old. We ask that you bring the balance due on puppy match day (if this is on or before 6 weeks) or send a check in the mail written out to either Fonda Thompson or Kimberly Hatch. We do NOT accept final payment by PayPal. If we will be shipping your puppy to you, the additional shipping cost is due at this time as well.
3) Matching your puppy with you: When a litter is born we will begin to create our reservation list for that litter. The names on the list are in the order that the puppies will be chosen. The choosing order is based on order in which the consultation fee is received. You will have the opportunity to meet and choose your puppy at about 6 weeks of age (this time may be sooner at our discretion). We want you to have the opportunity to pick your puppy based on temperament and personality as well as looks and gender. The puppy's personality really starts to shine just before 6 weeks of age. Their senses are becoming more developed and the puppies become very playful and interactive. Always keep in mind that weight and coat color/markings at birth can often change as the puppy gets older. While we do see some personality traits start to develop around 5-6 weeks, personalities of puppies change frequently throughout the first year of life. Training is crucial to the development of a great family dog!
When the pups are about 6 weeks there will be one day that everyone can come and meet them. Starting in the morning at 9:00 or 10:00 AM you will be scheduled for a one hour time slot starting at the top of the list moving down. We ask that you choose your puppy at that scheduled time and day. We will try to give you 4-5 weeks notice of your time slot so that you can make prior arrangements with work, school, and other events. If you live out of the area or are unable to come to our home during your scheduled time we will schedule a phone consultation and you will go through the same process to choose your puppy through FaceTime. We will do our best to keep in mind your work and school schedules while choosing this date.
4) Purchasing contract: On the day of puppy matching, when you first arrive you will be asked to fill out, sign and date the purchasing contract. We ask that this be done or sent in on or before the day of puppy matching.
5) Pick up or ship your puppy You may pick up your puppy at 8 weeks. We encourage you to come to our home and pick up your Goldendoodle. We have spent weeks getting to know you and learning about your family and we would love to meet you, and for you to meet us and the mommy of your puppy if she is still here. Sometimes tickets to fly to us are less than the cost of shipping. Puppies can be carried into the plane with a soft carrier--airlines usually charge about $150 to carry a puppy on-board. You will be sent home with a puppy packet with a few important things you will need over the next few months. There will be an additional fee of $20 per day for reserved puppies staying with us past 9 weeks of age. (We do not do puppy pick-ups on Sundays.)
6) Keep in touch: We ask that you keep us updated! We like to stay in contact with our puppies and see how they are doing. We especially like to see updated photos of your pup! We will use these photos and stories you send to us on our website as well as our Facebook page unless you specify that you prefer to keep your personal information unpublished. We would still like updates and photos (if you are willing) even if you would like us not to post them. We are truly interested in following our dogs throughout their lives to gain insight into the coat, size and personality of our doodles.
7) We reserve Sundays for our families. Our top goal at Magic Valley Goldendoodles is to enrich the lives of families. We love to meet and talk to people who want to add a doodle to their homes but we need to devote time to our growing households as well. We generally don't respond to emails, phone calls, litter viewing requests or puppy pick up dates on Sundays. Thanks for understanding!