Our goal at Magic Valley Goldendoodles is to create the perfect healthy, happy Goldendoodle. In order to do that, we breed only the best quality animals, so occasionally we keep an outstanding pup from one of our litters to use as part of our breeding program. All of our dogs are first and foremost a family pet and, unlike many dog breeders, we prefer to have every dog live with the same family throughout its entire life. A guardian home will ensure that our breeding parents have the most wonderful life possible. If you are interested in being a guardian home owner to one of our dogs or pups, please read through the info below and fill out the form.
Benefits of being a guardian home:
1) Reduced cost. Our Guardian dogs cost $400. You will receive a pick-of-the-litter, breeding quality puppy or dog to become a member of your family! These dogs are the best of the best.
2) At the end of the agreed upon breeding period (typically 4 litters for females and 6-8 years for males) your dog will be spayed/neutered.
3)We are occasionally willing to take the dog into our care when your family goes on vacation.
4) Our Guardian owners will be offered a discount on any additional puppies they wish to purchase from us.
5) Health testing will be done on the puppy at the expense of the breeder. We make the arrangements for the dog to be tested but then it becomes your responsibility to get your dog to the appointment for her test. If the health test results do not meet our breeding criteria then the puppy will be spayed and will then become the sole property of your family.
Some of the things required to be a part of our program are as follows...
1) All breeding rights belong to the breeder and no breed-able dogs of the opposite sex are allowed in the same home with the puppy or dog. The dog remains the property of Magic Valley Goldendoodles until he/she is spayed/nurtured and retired from our breeding program.
2)If you are a guardian to a female you must live within two hours of Twin falls, Idaho unless otherwise discussed and agreed upon. We require that our stud guardians live in Twin Falls.
3)You must have a fully secure fenced yard. No chain link fences.
4)Feed Lifes Abundance puppy food or adult food .
5)You accept full responsibility for the socialization, training and loving of the dog. In most cases this will include puppy training classes.
6)Puppy/Dog is not allowed off leash while in heat when outside a fenced-in area.
7) You will need to be able to bring her or him to our home for the breeding and whelping period. For the females this time period will be for a week during the heat cycle. Then she will return to your home until one week before the puppies are due. At one week before her due date she will come back to be with us and will remain with us until all her puppies have gone to their forever homes at 8 weeks of age. For males this will likely be 4-8 seperate occations during the time that the female is fertile and ready to breed.
8) Agree to regular health, and veterinary care, and vaccinations. You are responsible for all health issues not relating to breeding. You will also be responsible to have the dog up to date on vaccines.
9)Keep in good communication with us concerning the health and welfare of the dog. This will include updated pictures to post on our site.
10)Keep up with the grooming needs of the dog. Your dogs coat will need to be groomed every 6-8 weeks. It will also require frequent brushing.
If you think you might be interested in becoming a guardian home for us, please fill out the form below.